Over at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge blog, it is the oh so talented and lovely France's turn to set the theme. She wants us to get our bling on. This is what she said :
"For the longest time, bling in arting was something I stayed as far away from as I could. I don't know how it happened or when, but I suddenly started to add touches of bling on almost every project. And guess what? I love it!
Now you might still be in that first place I was in, or you might be an avid bling user, but for this week's challenge I would like to see you use some bling! Be it a shiny ink spray, glitters you add or an iridescent paint effect, add some bling to your project!
It will for sure lighten up those days that are getting shorter and darker for us who are getting closer to winter!"
So, bling she shall get ! I altered a little wooden box.
Detail of the bling !
A few days before I started this project I made the bling hearts. I followed a recipe that France used on one of her Journals on Monday - HERE
I used 3D Matte gel and Glass Glitter from Prima with a heart stencil. (Art Ingredients) I let them dry overnight and found that they were not blingy enough for me so I added some more Matte gel on top and sprinkled some more of the glass glitter over the top. I liked them more then. Now they were ready to use.
I started with 2 layers of gesso and then a light blue acrylic paint. When that was all dry I inked the edges of the box with Archival black ink. I used some background stamps and black and brown Archival ink to make the whole thing more interesting. The 4 'beauties' were stamped on tissue paper as well as the 'lift this' sentiment on the front of the box. I adhered these images onto the box with gel medium. Next I made a flower with Tim Holtz' Tattered Floral die and a scrap of Tim Holtz fabric.The cut out flowers were brushed with gel medium and dried in the shape you see. I adhered the different flowers together and put some more bling in the centre. I also used a few bits of coloured book text. Before gluing all the embellishments on, I brushed the box with a layer of gel medium. Now it was time to put the whole thing together. I had a look where to put what and when I was happy I glued everything down with Gel medium. I tore another strip of fabric, cut it in half and used it a means of closing the box. I used the following Stampotique stamps for the project:
Thanks for stopping by !
Hope you like it....