Saturday 1 April 2023

Take flight

 Hello everyone, 

Welcome to my blog where today  have a journal spread which I made for the new challenge over at Country View Challenges. The theme this month was set by Rachel and is 'Things with wings". 



I really like how this came out! 

Here's how I made it:


First, I chose one of the Found Relatives by Tim Holtz and gave her a tiny bit of colour using colouring pencils. 


Next I cut her out. 


I then used half of a butterfly from Tim Holtz' pack of 'Layers". I gave that a little colour too, this time with Distress Oxide ink "Vintage Photo". 




I used these two inks and a blending tool to add colour to my pages, I did also drip some water on it but you can hardly see it. I suppose it depends on the quality of the paper how much you can achieve. 

 


Next, I stamped the background randomly using these AALL & Create stamps and the same distress Oxide Inks and a VersaFine Clair Nocturne pad. 


The sentiment is from this stamp set by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create. 


And here it is all put together. I really like it ! 




We would love for you to play along with us but before you do, make sure to read the rules. You'll find them HERE. 


Thank you for stopping by today! 





10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Corrie! I loved seeing how it came together. Take care and have a great April, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool background and I like it that it's not overcrowded, so the lady is really highlighted! Have a happy April! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely double page Corrie! Have a great month. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Filled with delight, Corrie - take wings indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun take on the theme Corrie! Hugs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page, Corrie! I especially love the coloured Lady.
    Have a great week!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much work went into this and boy did it pay off.What beautiful pages `I like others love your lady and how beautifully you coloured her.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pages! The products you used worked so beautifully and I loved seeing how it all came together - perfect 😊. Sending you happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete