Wednesday 13 July 2022

Wish you were here

 Hello everyone, 

For the second travel inspired piece for Country View Challenges I have made a postcard:



Here's how I made it:


I coloured my postcard sized (6x4) piece of card stock with Distress Oxide inks using blending tools and also by dunking it into the ink on my craft sheet that I spritzed with water. 


Next I sprayed this stencil with water and pressed it onto the card. It leaves a faint image of the stencil. 


I had to tone it down a little; I used a brayer and white acrylic paint. 


Stamping the background. 


I found this Katzelkraft stamp of some of the worlds great sites which I have never used ! lol 
So I decided to stamp it twice on this card. 


I added the black line under the buildings to ground them and made the sentiment out of Tim Holtz big talk stickers. I didn't have all the words so I just used bits of words and stuck them together. I also added white splatters and some doodle lines around the edges. 



We would love it if you played along with us but make sure to read the rules on the blog before you do ! 

Thank you for stopping by today ! 






3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Corrie! I love how you built the layers of inks, stamping and stencilling and that cities of the world stamp... wish it was here!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This postcard makes me want to fly out today to visit. Your multiple layers on the background add so much depth to the piece, and the black ink on top is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Corrie, I love the layers and the Katzelkraft sights of the world stamp. Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete