Every month I take part in an ATC Swap here in Holland. This month's theme is 'mushroom'.
So for my DT post for VivaLasVegaStamps! today I captured the process. So sit back, have a nice cup of coffee of tea and see how these ATC's came about.
As always, here is a photo of the finished product to start with :
Aren't they cute !
So, here's how I started. First I made some masks, two of the mushroom and one of the gnome. (There will be a list of all stamps I used at the bottom of this post).
I stamped the mushroom and then put the mask on, so I can stamp the mushroom again and it will look like it is behind this one. All stamping has been done with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink as I planned on using Copic Markers to colour everything..
Like so. I continued doing that until.....
I had 4 mushrooms. I added another one later in the right hand bottom corner.
Next I masked two mushrooms and stamped the gnome. It now looks as if he is standing behind the mushrooms...
Here you can see what that looks like.
I did three ATC cards like that. Here you can see I added another mushroom in the bottom right corner of each card.
I then masked everything off (not very well I noticed later...) and coloured the sky. I used Distress Ink in Broken China and Mermaid Lagoon and a blending tool for this.
This is how that looks. I then decided I wanted something in the top right corner.
I used this lovely naked woman's 'hair' for this. Doesn't that look cool... I also stamped the background a little bit.
Here you can see how that looks. You can also see that in the right hand card that I didn't mask it off very well as there are differences in colour. I will fix that later with a Copic Marker.
Now, it was time to start colouring... I used a whole bunch of Copic Markers but you could easily used pencils or waterbased markers. If you wanted to used watercolours you should used watercolour card stock and Archival Ink.
Here is one that is finished. I did try and make the background look a little better later as I wasn't quite happy with how that came out. I coloured all three this way.
Lastly I used my old typewriter to type 'Autumn' three times. I cut the words in strips and glued one on each card. I doodled around the words with a black fine tipped pen.
And here they are, all finished. I did manage to make the background look a little better by using a Copic Marker that was darker than the Distress Ink I used and blending that out.
Now I can only hope that my trade partners in this ATC Swap will like their ATC's.
I used the follwowing stamps:
Thank you so much for stopping by today !