Thursday 2 July 2015

ATC Trade for May-June 2015

Hello everyone,

For the Stampotique ATC swap the theme this time was Metallic - Shiny. I made these :


I started with glueing book text on the cards, then ripping off what didn't stick very well. You get a nice distressed base like that. Next I painted gesso over it. You can still see the text here and there very faintly. I then took  Lindys Stamp Gang sprays and coloured the cards, I used a blue and a brown. I also went around the edge with a brown ink pad. I then stamped the spider web with Versa Mark and heat embossed them with copper embossing powder. 
I used Stampotique's 'Head' as the focal image. He was stamped on white card stock, coloured and cut out. The wings are metal butterflies that I cut in half. I coloured them lightly with brown and blue alcohol inks. Head was glued on his wings and then the whole image was adhered to the ATC with dimensional adhesive. Lastly I added the sentiments, which are Tim Holtz Chit Chat sticker. 





Thank you for stopping by today !

9 comments:

  1. Hahahaha thanks for the smile in my face, it is such a funny creation, and I love the brilliant turquoise-blue colors
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooie diepte en textuur! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geweldige atc's Corrie! Erg mooi opgebouwd
    Hartelijke groet, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply fabulous - those gilded cobwebs are genius!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen them on FB but still stunning to see again, love them
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect, love those wings xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these!!! I so need some stampotique stamps so I can play along! I love them but can't decide every time I think of ordering. .. I need to pick one and just go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these!!! I so need some stampotique stamps so I can play along! I love them but can't decide every time I think of ordering. .. I need to pick one and just go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these!!! I so need some stampotique stamps so I can play along! I love them but can't decide every time I think of ordering. .. I need to pick one and just go for it!

    ReplyDelete