Monday 28 July 2014

Steampunk tag

Hello fellow Crafters,

Over at the Tag Along Challenge Blog the theme was set by the lovely Kay Wallace and she chose Steampunk. Not my strongest point but because of being on holiday I hadn't played for a while and decided to give it a go. This is what I made:


I used some pattern paper to start with and edged it with Distress Inks in Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo. I then did some background stamping in the same colours but also used Archival ink. The Steampunk balloon was stamped directly onto the tag with Versafine Ink, as was the phrase 'steampunk relic'. Next I found a set of metal wings which I attached underneath the balloon. I matted the whole think onto black and put some ribbon through the hole. 

That was it..
Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it ...



4 comments:

  1. Great tag, Corrie, love the choice of colors for this steampunk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een mooi label! Zo uitgebalanceerd van ontwerp en zo mooi met dat kleurverloop! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your perfectly steampunk tag, Corrie! An unexpected color palette, but it works beautifully for this theme. Your addition of the metal wings makes this a winner in my book! Thanks for participating in the Tag Along challenge this week, my friend. Mwah! Kay

    ReplyDelete