Wednesday 11 November 2015

A brandnew challenge !

Hello everyone,

It is Wednesday and that means another challenge has been launched on the Stampotique Blog. This week our hostess is the lovely and talented Samantha ! Her theme is 'Take a box' and this is what she had to say about it :

"I get very excited when I see cardboard boxes. The potential of a box is enormous. So for this weeks challenge I'd like to see you all use a box as part or all of your creation. You can keep your box as a box or cut it up and use it flat. It's up to you just have lots of fun!"


Here's mine:


I used this little box in which there were some Christmas lights. 



An this is the end result....


From different angles








Here is a close up of one side of the box.


I started by cutting off the flaps on the top of the box and glueing book pages on it using gel medium. Next I painted the whole thing with gesso and after that dried, used a stencil and some model paste to put the letters on for more interest. The box was then coloured with Lindy's Stamp gang sprays. I used one with and one without sparkle.
Next I stamped the background with a few different stamps; a list of all the stamps I used is at the bottom of this post. 
I also went around all the corners with my black Archival Ink pad and also used this ink and my fingers to accentuate the letters a little. 
next I stamped Peggy on the front of the box... and failed miserably.. She was only stamped partially. Instead of throwing the box away I decided to stamp her again on tissue paper and adhere this over the failed image on the box. Hurray, success... 
Next I stamped Peggy again on white card stock and coloured the 'open' parts of her with coloured pencils. I then cut all these bits out and adhered them onto the image on the box. 
I typed the words 'watercolour' and 'pencils' on a strip of blank book page and adhered that to the box too. Lastly I doodled around the words and put my pencils in my finished box ! 

I used the following stamps:


Why not join us this week and alter your own box. You can win one of two $30 vouchers at the end of the month. Just remember only one entry per person and no digi stamps ! 

Thank you so much for stopping by ! 

8 comments:

  1. Wat een leuk idee! Ziet er super mooi en vrolijk uit! Ik krijg gewoon zin om te kleuren! Ha, ha.
    Groetjes Maja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Watercolor Pencil box, Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaaf idee! Staat vrolijk en opgeruimd! (ben hier ook van allerlei dingen handige en gepimpte opbergers aan het maken) Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Corrie!!!
    I love your box, absolutely gorgeous.
    Big hugs
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cardboard box perfection! Love it Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful upcycling - I love the details and textures in the background of grass and sky, and the crafty girl is perfect to go on the front of the pencils box!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobody would guess that this was previously packaging.
    The colours are fabulous and I love the crafty girl, a perfect choice for your pencil storage.
    Amazing recycling and upcycling.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pure genius, Corrie! What a fantastic challenge from Sam this week. I love Peggy and she is perfect to guard your water colour pencils. Great colour and subtle imagery to allow Peggy to be your focal image here. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete