Wednesday 10 September 2014

Who's a pretty boy..

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today over on the Stampotique Designers' Challenge bloglovely, talented teammie Sue has set the theme and she wants us to use an animal or bird in our project. This is what she said :

'Napoleon once said that the English are a nation of shopkeepers.What he should have said is that we are a nation of animal lovers. Nearly everyone I know has got a cat or dog, a pet rabbit or bird, and I know that my Stampotique teamies have their pets too. So this week we're celebrating the fur and feathers and I challenge you to create something with either animals or birds. So put your best paw forward and bring it on.
Have fun!'

Why don't you hop over and have a go too ? You can win a $30 voucher to spend in the shop. Just remember no digi's and only 1 entry per challenge !
Here's mine :



I started with an ATC sized card that was already coloured. I used Distress Ink in yellow and orange. I stamped 'Fax to Wolfgang' in orange Archival ink. Next I stamped the 'Caged bird' on the card and clear embossed it. I then stamped it again on white card stock and coloured the bird, cut him out and adhered him on his twin on the ATC. I coloured the bottom of the cage and the perch the bird is sitting on directly on the ATC with Copics.  Next I used some rub-ons, dripped some white ink on it and lastly I hand wrote the sentiment.
I used the following stamps:


Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it.....

11 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Corrie, I can't believe you hand wrote the sentiment - I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel mooi Corrie...die heerlijke blauwe vogel is zo een echte eyecatcher op de oranje achtige ondergrond.
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this, color, images, your saying and the spots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Corrie, I love birds in general, and your ATC in particular!! And I think you don't need to buy text and sentiment stamps in the future, lucky you!! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaaf kaartje, erg mooi van kleur ook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I love the blue against the orange xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love making ATCs, Corrie, and this one is so cute! Caged Bird is a great image, and, through your process of stamping, coloring, embossing, stamping again...you have made a real life image appear on your ATC! A lot of work, but extraordinary results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat een mooie! En lekkere zomerse kleuren! Mijne gaat vandaag op m'n blog... Hopelijk krijgen we nog wat heerlijke nazomerdagen! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prachtig Corrie en zoals altijd weer een schitterende kleurencombinatie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this corrie! your colors are always so terrific!

    ReplyDelete