Thursday 9 February 2017

She flies with her own wings

Hello everybody,

Today I am sharing a mini art journal spread for VivaLasVegaStamps!  It took some time to make this because I started with totally different colours, decided I didn't like it and had to paint it over ! Oh well, happens sometimes doesn't it.


I painted the pages with 2 shades of green, a blue and a purple acrylic paint. I used Amsterdam but you could of course use whatever you have. I did mix in a little white here and there to get a gradient. 
I stamped the circles with white paint. Normally I would use VersaMark ink and white embossing powder but I didn't want to heat up the left page too much as I was afraid for the paint on the other side to bubble... 




Next I stamped the typewriter keys with black ink. I always think you have to have black and white on your pages. The face was stamped on photo paper with StaZon; I don't know why I did that because card stock and Archival would have worked just as well. 

I also stamped the sentiment several times on a piece of paper which I then punched circles off. I was going to use it as it was but decided to colour them the same as the background because they stood out to much. 
I adhered everything else to the page and added some thread under the face and that was it ! 



Here's a detail of the stamped image with white paint. It looks totally different to when you use ink or embossing powder. 



Here's a detail of this lovely face. 

I used the following stamps for these pages:

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


9 comments:

  1. prachtig, leuke kleurencombi!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prachtige spread Corrie, mooie kleuren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this spread, Corrie - and especially the sentiment. You and I share a love of the same colours, too. Beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prachtige pagina, hele mooie kleuren en combinatie van stempels!!
    Groetjes
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ended up looking fabulous
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blend of colours Corrie, lovely background. Love your pages. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh fabulous colours and great blending - love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really, REALLY like this, Corrie! To begin, I like it as a whole. But it's actually the small details that have enchanted me here. Nicely choreographed! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete