Tuesday 14 February 2017

Happy where she was

Hello everyone,

It's  my turn on the UmWow Studio blog again today and I have an art journal page to share with you.

I have used the Distressed Harlequin Background pieces that I had left over from my last project.


This page was made with a piece of pattern paper by Prima called 'love letter' from the Pastiche collection. I added some 'Old paper' Distress Ink around the edges and collages pieces of an old envelope on it. I bought this in an antique shop and it has a letter too. For now I just used the envelope with the address on it. Next I added some gesso where the chipboard was going to be and  stamped the background randomly for more interest. I then added the stitch lines around the edges with a black marker. 
I added my altered chipboard ( I have made a YouTube tutorial of how I did this; link below)  and some other bits and pieces like cambric and some lace flowers and stuck my photo on top.  Lastly I added the sentiment. 

Here are some close ups: 






This is the chipboard I used. I had some left over pieces from my last project and decided I might as well use them but then in a different way. 

Here is the link to the video tutorial :




Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 



6 comments:

  1. Love this journal page, Corrie. It almost looks like a found item tucked away in an attic somewhere. It definitely has the feel of an antique page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been enjoying this beautiful piece over at UmWow - gorgeous work... looking forward to watching the video next.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A superb piece Corrie and a great video!! That chipboard came out incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mooi vintage en dat met zo'n aparte kleuren! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, fabulous layout. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete