Sunday 16 September 2018

Pretty in pink

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog where today I am sharing a project I made over the last week for France Papillon's Butterfly Squad. This project is called 'a layer a day' and it basically means that you make an art journal spread in a week by doing one layer a day. If you'd like to play along, which you can every week, please read this HERE.

This week Marit is leading the challenge and I am playing along side her. She chose the theme "Pretty in pink". So here's mine !


And here's how:


Layer 1: I used DecoArt Crackle paste thought France's stencil "Rusted Rivets".


Layer 2: I added some collage with Tim Holtz tissue paper. 


Layer 3: A very watered down layer of Deco Art Fluid Acrylic Paynes Grey.


Layer 4: More Paynes Grey, now concentrated on the 'rivets' and dripped down. 


Layer 5: Deco Art Fluid Acrylic Titanium White Splatters.


Layer 6: Background stamping using pink Distress Oxide (Pink Raspberry) ink and black Archival inks. I used the Archival to ink up the edges too. Stamps are from the set 'Rock 'n rust' by France. 


Layer 7: The main element and sentiment. I used the octopus from 'Creepers and crawlers' and coloured him with Copics. I placed him on a piece of grey pattern paper to make him stand out more. I used the same paper and an old typewriter to make the sentiment. 


Here's a close-up. 

Thank you for stopping by today ! 


2 comments:

  1. Smiling here - I love the thought that an octopus can feel pretty, so pretty! All God's creatures, right?! :D

    ReplyDelete