Friday 1 May 2015

Life in the zoo !

Hello everyone,

Today it is the 1st of May and my turn to show another project with Roc Nicholas' fabulous stamps. I have made a little art journal with my favourite Roc stamp 'Horse'. This time he is impersonating a giraffe !


I love, love, love how you can manipulate these stamps and make them into something new! 
For this journal I painted the page with my Dylusions paint. I stamped the background with 'Heart Vine' and doodled in and around the stamped images with a white gel pen. I also punched some small hearts to replace the stamped ones. Next I tore some patterned paper and adhered it to the bottom and top right of the page. Next I wrapped some twine around the page; I saw some people do this on YouTube and thought it looked really cool ! The horse was stamped in two parts and altered, coloured and put back together. I adhered him to the page over the twine. Lastly I made the sentiment with 2 more of Roc's stamps : 'Art Junkie' and 'Unleash yourself', I just had to draw the 'Z' as there wasn't one in the stamps I mentioned...

I used the following stamps:
(All available via www.Stampotique.com)


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 




8 comments:

  1. wat heb je dit geweldig gedaan Corrie, heel leuk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Corrie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just another beautiful example of how my stamps were meant to be used! i love your creativity and the way you think outside of the box! fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leuk die paardengiraffe...niet eerder gezien in de zoo :-). Apart die omwikkelde draden, alsof het dier voor een afgesloten hekwerk staat (dat vind ik altijd het zielige in dierentuinen!). Mooi geheel Corrie!
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een geweldige pagina, zo leuk die de combinatie van stempels, kleur en stukjes tekst!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe. great fun, fab giraffe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. He makes a great giraffe! What inspiration you give me.....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your faux giraffe, Corrie! Well done!

    ReplyDelete