Monday 13 February 2017

A trio of tags with funny men !

Hello everyone,

and welcome to my blog where today I am sharing three tags that I made for 100 Proof Press Stamps. As you might know, Sara from 100 Proof Press approached me and asked if I could make some stuff with her stamps. I think it is very flattering to be asked so I accepted gracefully ! Her stamps are fabulous, stamps like a dream and there are over 2500 of them... just saying'.....

But without further ado, here are my tags :



Aren't they guys funny !!! haha...


Here's how I made the tags:



I cut three #8 size tags from white card stock and painted them with gesso. 



Next I added model paste through a small Tim Holtz stencil.. 



I then painted the tags with different colours of Amsterdam Acrylics using a paint brush this time. 
I thought they didn't look very nice at this stage and wondered if they were going to turn out all right... 


Next, I added some drips of darker shades of the same paints. For this I diluted the paint with water. This is a game of layers, adding paint, drying it, adding more paint, drying again... just keep going until you are happy with the result. 


I always think every project also needs black and white. I white embossed numbers and for the rings I used black acrylic paint which I diluted with water. I also added white and black splatters. 
I thought they looked really nice at this stage. 


Here are the guys that I was going to use... I thought about colouring them but because the backgrounds were rather busy already I decided to stamps some script on white paper with grey ink and then stamp the men over top. I cut them out and the adhered everything to the tags. 
Lastly I coloured some crinkle ribbon with Distress Inks and added it to the tags. 


Here they are again. 


He is wondering if it is art. This sentiment actually says 'this is art' but I switched the words and added a question mark..


His ming is magic as it seems to have left.....lol



And this one is seeing double.... haha


I used the following stamps:

6591 Stylish numbers (I love, love, love this one, so versatile)


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


7 comments:

  1. Great creations and excellent tutorial, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ze zijn echt geweldig Corrie ! Ik vind je ondergronden weer zo prachtig geworden !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't these stamps fun? Almost makes me think I need new glasses LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the expressions on their faces! Lol Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, love these, those colours just pop xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are brilliant Corrie, great stamps and I love the techniques you've used. Sorry it's such a quick visit but I'm on a borrowed laptop! Have a great week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous stamps, stunning tags, Corrie! You are showing off those wonderful 100 Proof Press images to perfection... love love love!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete