Tuesday 31 May 2016

It's your birthday...

Hello everyone,

For my second inspiration piece for Christine's stencil challenge over at Country View Challenges,  I have made a birthday card.


I started out with a piece of pattern paper on which I stencilled the letters. I used a Tim Holtz stencil called 'Cargo' and Broken China Distress Ink with a blending tool for this. I distressed the edges of the panel and added the same ink. Next I stamped the main image and the gears; all from the same stamp set by Tim Holtz called 'Dapper' (CMS267). I used black and gray Archival Inks for this. 
I then added the sentiments (both TH also CMS219 & CMS236) and decided that it needed a little white. I used a Dylusions polka dot stencil and some white acrylic paint for this. 
I added a chipboard moustache which I had in my stash for ages, I just painted it black and adhered it in between the hat and shoulders. 
Lastly I adhered the panel to a white card. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope I gave you some inspiration ! 

8 comments:

  1. Fab card Corrie love the addition of the moustache
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card... Wonderful balance of colour, stencilling and that fab image x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design, great for a father's day card! Oh and superb stencilling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Corrie -love all the gears, and the absence of a face is evocative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background is amazing on this brilliant card. The dimension of the chipboard moustache is a wonderful addition.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaaf! Al keek ik eerst voornamelijk naar het stencilwerk wat prachtig gedaan is :) Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, such a fun card xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find that the more I begin to look around, I see so much good that people do that goes unnoticed. So many wonderful things. See the link below for more info.

    #unnoticed
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete