Monday 20 February 2017

Great things

Hello everyone,

and welcome to this blogpost where I am showcasing the wonderful 100 Proof Press Stamps. As you might already know, Sara from 100 Proof Press asked me if I was interested in doing some design  work for her and of course I had to say yes ! Her stamps are wonderful ! I already had some in my collection and I used one of those (The large handsome hares) today  in this art journal spread:



This fantastic Hares Stamp was what attracted my attention to 100 Proof Press. Isn't it absolutely gorgeous ? It stands just over 6" tall ! 

Here's how I made this spread:


I started off with a piece of Mixed Media paper that I cut in half but kept together with painter's tape. I also painted a layer of gesso on it. 



I used different acrylic paints and a brush, my fingers and a baby wipe to apply colour to my page. At this stage I thought: Oh dear..... but I persevered and I do like the end result. So don't give up straight away..... 


Next, I stencilled polkadots in the same colours, moved the stencil slightly and repeated with white paint. The stencil is a piece of acetate that I die cut circles into. 


I then used a bottle cap and black watered down paint to add circles, a brush for the splatters and a palet knife to add some black in two corners. 


Here I added some doodle lines around the edged and stamping too.  


I stamped the hares twice because I wasn't sure which paper I wanted to use. I decided on the book text. 


After adhering them on the page with gel medium I added a little shading and colour to the hares and also added the sentiment in the same way. Some doodle lines around the strips finished it off. 




A detail of those fantastic hares... 


A detail of the left bottom corner... 


A closer look at a part of the background...


And the sentiment... 

I hope you liked my post and just in case you would like some of those fantastic stamps, here are the links to the shop:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 




9 comments:

  1. Super cool page Corrie! I love this background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel mooi Connie wat een mooie achtergrond heb je ontworpen voor die schitterende konijnen!!
    Groetjes
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stoer en schattig tegelijkertijd! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is FABULOUS! I'm so glad you kept the background colors ... I LOVE them! Everything about this piece is PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really are handsome hares, and they look splendid against your lovely background. I love how the colours go from the light and gentle to the darker shades. Fabulous page spread!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prachtig ! , heerlijke kleuren 💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are always wonderful Corrie, but I think this is one of my favourite. The background is perfect for this lovely stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great spread Corrie - I love you background and thought it could stand alone it is so pretty!
    sandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW! Gorgeousness! Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete