Monday 6 February 2017

Do small things..

Hello everyone,

and welcome to this blogpost where I am showcasing the wonderful 100 Proof Press Stamps. As you might already know, Sara from 100 Proof Press asked me if I was interested in doing some design  work for her and of course I had to say yes ! Her stamps are wonderful ! I already had some in my collection but for today's art journal I used one of my new ones :




And here's how I made it :




I wasn't sure about what colours I wanted to use so I sat down with some lovely DecoArt Media paints and my gelli plate 


Apart from sometimes stamps and stencils I use these 'tools' on my gelli plate. 


First layer of paint....




And this is how it looked when finished. I decided to try some cooler colours too. 





Again first layer... 



And the finished article; I decided to use this one... 



Next stamping the background. I tried to do it with paint but it gave me a very faint impression so I repeated the process with white embossing powder. 
Remember to wash your stamps straight away after using paint as it is really difficult to get off once it dries... 


I also added some model paste through a stencil..


Here is the almost finished background; I really like how it turned out. I added some script stamping in grey archival ink too. 


I added some starbursts in black for contrast. 
The bird was coloured with Copic Markers and cut out. I thought he didn't stand out enough so I added a die cut heart underneath him.. I added some lines to the outside of the heart with a black marker. 
The last thing I did is add the words. This is a Mother Teresa quote, I stamped it and cut it into strips, adhered it to the page and doodled around them. 


Here's a close up of the lovely bird. 


and a close-up of the embossing and model paste. 


And this is the finished page again... 

I have used the following 100 Proof Press Stamps:



Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

7 comments:

  1. This is fab Corrie, I need to get my gelli plate out now....after childminding duties of course. Rose is too young to appreciate a gelli plate. Your finished page is lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kan wel zien dat jij heerlijk aan het spelen bent geweest! Mooie kleuren en ik denk dat ik de plate ook weer eens te voorschijn haal; je hebt me op een idee gebracht :) Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see all the detail so much better on my Mac than iPad! I just adore it. I do love the bird stamp but I'm not familiar with the company. I feel we need these fresh colours at this time of year. Thank you. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of colour and stamps, love the design and composition xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been having a scroll through some of the fabulous things I've missed and had to pause here... what a beautiful page - amazing background (and so cool seeing all the details of how you created the layers and textures. Fantastic post, thank you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete