Saturday 25 November 2017

I is for Industrial !

Hello everyone,

and now for something completely different as they say ! I was chosen Queen of Snark with on of my Art Journal pages and part of my winnings was a Guest Designer Spot ! Yay ! I think that was a great prize and I had so much fun making another Journal page ! Thank you so much, sisters, for having me !


Anyway, today sees the start of a new challenge over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and as you can see above the theme is "I for Industrial". 

This is what I have made : 


It is another Art Journal page and I made it by smooshing some Mixed Media paper in Distress Oxide inks for the background. I used a variety of stamps to add interest too. 
The main images were stamped on separate paper which I coloured with the same Distress Oxide ink and cut out and adhered to the background. I added details with metal and some embossing too. 
Lastly I inked the edges of the page and added the sentiment which is by Edgar Allan Poe.



A detail of the metal pieces (a gear and a propellor) that I painted and oxidised with a patina spray. They were adhered with gel medium. 


A closeup of the detail in the background. 



I painted the propeller of the flying machine with the same paint as the metal and added some of the same patina spray (with a brush) to get it the same colour as the metal propeller. 


Detail of the flying machine... 


And here is the completed page again. 


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 






9 comments:

  1. Thanks for being such a fabulous Queen, your art journal page is simply amazing! Jo x SoSS/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is again a real beauty,Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I'm not good at either steampunk or journals. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, thank you for being our brilliant queen
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal page is just incredible!!
    Thanks so much for being our Queen and for joining the sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous page Corrie! I love the layers of stamping and that castle stamp I've been wanting for years and finally got recently! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Poe quote, a Python reference, and a most amazing steampunk art journal page! In awe of this, Corrie. Thanks for being such a majestic Queen with us for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crow! This is AMAZING!! Way to rock that crown with the Sisters!

    ReplyDelete