Tuesday 19 September 2017

Fall in love ..

Hello everyone,

I have made another art journal... being back from holiday has its advantages.. no more rushing around to get my DT work done ! I actually have time to play again ! Yay ! I had been wanting to use these images by Vera Lane Studio for ages. I coloured them whilst on holiday in July.



I started by brayering these two pages in my mini Moleskine journal with two shades of pink and two shades of green, waiting for it to dry between colours. I didn't like it.. lol
So I painted it over with white and then wiped it with a baby wipe in an attempt to tone it down. Still didn't like it... 
I then used a stencil by Tim Holtz and more white paint.... I liked it. Yay, result !
Next I struggled to think what else to add on the page, besides this lovely girl and her hearts... In a dark drawer I found a gift bag with flowers on it so I cut one of the flower stems out and adhered it to the bottom of the page. Nice ! I added some shading and then added the girl and the hearts. 
Lastly I added a Tim Holtz chit chat sticker. 

I really like the end result. 
I used a digital image by Vera Lane Studio and you'll find it HERE. 

4 comments:

  1. Love the flowers from the gift bag, gives your piece an oriental feel. Lovely background and focal image. Love it Corrie. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this very much Corrie. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may have taken several layers before you were happy with the background, but it was well worth persevering... I love the end result! And the gift bag flower stems are the perfect addition to your little fairy scene.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete