Thursday 20 April 2017

Groovy

Hello everyone,

Today I had finally time to play ! Yay... I have been so busy lately; I cannot imagine how I used to cope with everything when I still worked !!! I guess that is always the case when once you are home all day.
Anyway, I got my Deco Art paints out today and I have been wanting to so something with an Andy Skinner stencil that I must have had for a year.. I think it turned out, well, really groovy !!!


I started with a piece of Mixed Media paper. I used my gelli plate to create a background with lots of colours: Cobalt Teal hue, Yellow Light Green, Cadmium Orange Hue, Primary Yellow and Primary Magenta. I used Titanium White and Carbon Black to block out the people and to stencil the stars. I also splattered some thinned down white on the  whole page. To get some texture in my background I used foam stamps that I bought in a toy shop and a coaster from Ikea. 
Once I was happy I used the two masks that are part of this stencil set from Andy Skinner which is called "Hippy Chic". 
I laid them onto my project and sponged around them with black paint. I kept rotating them to get a different perspective. I then filled in the gaps between the peeps with a brush. When everything had dried I used a white gel pen to go around the figures. 
Lastly I added the stars which are in the same stencil set and some splatters. 
The sentiment is made with rubber stamps. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

5 comments:

  1. Helemaal mooi! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very groovy indeed, love it
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely groovy - and the rainbow colours are such fun.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Corrie, you are SO good with the gelli plate xx

    ReplyDelete