Friday 3 February 2017

February

Hello everyone,

and welcome to my 2nd Calendar post for 100 Proof Press. I will do one page per month and this is February's.


Here's how I made it: 


I decided to go with a gelli printed background. First I did a base layer with the Teresa Green and Granny Smith. I then overprinted with the Captain Peacock but after I stamped into the wet paint on the plate with a rubber stamp in the middle (Stylish numbers) and a coaster on the left side. 
Make sure to wash your stamps straight away if you use them with paint because once it dries it is very difficult to get off. 


This is the result after the second layer of printing..


Next I added some stencilling with a Plum coloured paint and some stamping with great Archival Ink (Profit and loss sheet).


Next I stamped the Handstand Clown and coloured him with Copic Markers and cut him out. 



Here you see it all put together. I added a metal clock charm which a painted with rust paste for the clown to (hand) stand on and I typed the sentiment on my old typewriter, cut into word strips and added to the page. I added some colour on the strips with a Copic Marker.


And here is how it looks on the wall ! Fabulous isn't it ! 

I used the following 100 Proof Press Stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 




3 comments:

  1. If the first 2 months are anything to go by, you are going to have a very original and creative calendar. This is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful saying - made me laugh!
    There have been all kinds of scary clown sightings all over the US!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this too Corrie, those paints look awesome, shall have to try some Paper Artsy stuff! xxx

    ReplyDelete