Tuesday 10 January 2017

Sparkle in the rain

Hello everyone,

Today I am sharing an art journal spread which I made for Visible Image.





I made this on two separate pages that I later glued in my journal. Sometimes it is better to work out of the book especially when you are heat embossing. I have had paint on previous pages bubble up when I put the heat gun on the page I was doing. So by using loose paper you don't run this risk. 

The colour of these pages was put on by brayering 4 colours of PaperArtsy Fresco Chalk paints. I used two shades of green; a light and a dark, a turquoise and a plum colour.  Just start with the lightest and build up the colour. Make sure to have some white page left after every colour to fill with the next. You also could use white to reintroduce white space. After the paint dried, which takes no time at all I stamped the background with similar colours of ink. I added some holographic embossing powder over the plum 'sparkles', and sparkle they do ! 

I also stamped the word 'sparkle' and embossed it with white fine embossing powder by WOW. 

I changed the sentiment by stamping bits of it, straight on the page and adding some doodling around the words. 
The girl with the brolly was stamped straight on the page and on a separate piece of paper, cut out and adhered on top. I coloured some paper in the same colours as I used for stamping the background and used a hole puncher to get some polkadots for the brolly. I glued these on and added some white doodling on the umbrella. A few doodle lines around the pages finished it off. 



I heat embossed the 'sparkles' with holographic embossing powder over the plum coloured ink. You can see the sparkle here...


and some more here, so pretty ! 


The sentiment.


The girl with her polka dotted brolly.



And the finished pages again. 

I have used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 




Social Media links..
Shop where you will find all our awesome stamps!
Blog see all our latest posts here!
Facebook group join in with the banter and enter our ‘Show & Tell’ Monthly Challenge!
Facebook PAGE …give us a like and enter our weekly giveaways!



You can also follow us on:


6 comments:

  1. Love this artwork. It has so many interesting elements and the halographic embossing is wonderful. The umbrella is wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing all the details of what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant spread Corrie! I adore the background, - the whole thing is beautifully put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supermooie kleuren en een erg leuke stempel !

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of steps and a lot of work, but WOW--does this sparkle! My favorite part? That polkadot brolly! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Spread - have done something smaller with the same stamps myself - might try a spread next, but currently working on the cover of a journal, so will have to wait for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete