Saturday 10 December 2016

Be gentle with yourself

Hello everyone,

It is time for another post for UmWow Studio today ! I really enjoy doing these projects as they are so different from anything else I do. Today I did a little tiny canvas. It is only about 3" x 3" or 10 cm x 10 cm. And here it is :



And here's how I made it:


I decided to heat emboss my flourish with copper embossing powder. I did change my mind in the end and heat embossed over the top with gold powder. 


I embossed it about three times, so the layer of embossing on the flourish was really thick. I reheated it to make it soft again and then dropped some micro beads in the wet/soft embossing. 


This is how it looks after I dropped the microbeads in. Cool huh ? I also added some gold paint here and there later but didn't take pictures. You can see the effect in the finished canvas. 



For the canvas I applied crackle paste and coloured it with light yellow and burnt umber paints.. using some glazing fluid so it stayed wet longer and I could wipe most of it off again..




This is the result of both paints. I then added some stamping. You can see it in the end photos. 
All stamps I used are by VivaLasVegaStamps! 





Here are a few close ups of the flourish..








Apart from the canvas and the flourish, I used an original old photo which I found in an antique market. I am always on the lookout for stuff like this. I also used some music paper and some lace. The frame is from a cheap set of resin frames from the Dollar store which I painted and then used the same gold embossing powder over the top. 

I used this chipboard today :
From the set Flourishes Two




Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 





6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Corrie, I love the beautifully crackled canvas, the fantastic textured and metallic flourish and of course the wonderful vintage photo. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrie, You will have no idea just how much I have fallen in love with this piece of art.
    The texture, the colour palette, the composition and most of all - the sentiment, a sentiment that I've had people say to me. This will stay in my memory for a long time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prachtig project Corrie, bedankt voor je uitleg!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These textures are right up my street - this is fabulous, Corrie. I love what you've done with the flourish - the microbeads look amazing - and the crackle is gorgeous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have balanced the layout on this canvas, and am a bit in awe with the flourish and the frame - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete