Saturday 1 October 2016

She was a wildflower

Hello everyone, 

and welcome to today's UmWow Creative Team post. 



For today's post I have created a tag :


I will try and explain how I made this...

First, on a gessoed tag, I applied Golden's Glass Bead Gel through some sequin waste. 
This is what that looks like :



I then added some spray inks. I used Lindy's Stampgang Sprays. 



Next I added a doily. 


It just adds a little subtle detail I think. I also added some background stamping. I used a little script stamp by VivaLasVegaStamps!

Next I started to work on the chipboard:



I used a green Copic marker to colour the stem and added some gesso to the flowers. I then added some colour with coloured pencils. 


Next I put the whole thing together:


I also added some doodling around the edge and a sentiment. I stamped it on white card stock, inked the edges and matted it on a piece of brown pattern paper. I then adhered it to the tag with dimensional tape.  Lastly I added some lacey ribbon. 




Here are some close-ups... 




 I hope I have inspired you to dust off those chipboards and start using them.. they are so versatile..

I have used only one today :


You'll find it HERE.

Floral set, I used the bluebell. 









8 comments:

  1. I really enjoy following your step by step tutorials, Corrie - thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag and details. That chipboard tied everything together nicely. Awesome sauce! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully designed, I love the textured background and fabulous chipboard flower xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning background on the tag Corrie, great textures! That chipboard flower is the perfect center piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Corrie, this tag and also your last makes I can see below are wonderful!!!
    All different but gorgeous, and some make me laugh :-)
    Happy sunday, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors Corrie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mooi al die lagen en texturen! Enne blauw...dat maakt dat mijn ogen er gelijk naar toe getrokken werden! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete