and welcome to the third instalment of my Gelli Adventure... A while ago Gelli Arts asked me if I was willing to do some experimenting by using the Gelli Plates as stamps. Of course I was willing and I had heaps of fun playing with these:
Experiment no. 6
For this page I decided to try Distress Inks. I thought about using the brayer to put them on the Gelli Plate but while I was playing I noticed it was easier to just use the ink pad as an ink pad and pounce it on the Gelli Plate as if it were a stamp.
I tried to put ink on the plate, then stamping with a clean rubber stamp on the Gelli Plate before stamping the Gelli Plate onto the paper and also to use the rubber-stamp with a darker ink onto the Gelli Plate after inking up. You can see some lighter and some darker rings in the prints.
This is what the Gelli Plate looks like after I pounced the ink pad on it. Doesn't seem enough does it? But it is plenty as you can see in the finished page.
Here I stamped it with the rubber stamp and some darker ink...
And this is what it looks like; I like the effect and will do this again sometime...
Here is the finished page. Again you can use this for all sorts of things. As a background for an art journal, for cards, tags, act's etc. The possibilities are endless..
For good measure I did another one with two shades of purple ink. Here I used the method of inking up with the light ink and over stamping with the darker ink. You'll see the end result is more even than the yellow one..
Inked up with the light ink...
Stamp I used, designed by Birgit Koopsen for Carabelle Studio, inked up with the darker shade.
This is what it looks like before stamping.
Amazing result isn't it...
And here is the full page.
I had so much fun that I did another one... Same thing. I just didn't use the rubber stamp every time.
Thank you so much for stopping by ! I hope you'll be back tomorrow for some more Gelli Stamping fun !