and welcome to my blog where, today, I am sharing a little tutorial about how I made this tag for my DT post for VivaLasVegaStamps! I had lots of trouble with it along the way, but I will explain what went wrong and how I rectified it with the photos.
So, get yourself a drink, sit down and enjoy !
As usual I'll start with the finished tag:
Most of the stamps I used for this tag are from the latest release April 2016.
... and here's how :
I started with a tag that I cut myself. I have on Tim Holtz tag left from a pack and I just use that one as a template whenever I need a tag. I do have a die set but I hardly ever use it. It is just as easy to cut one by hand.
Next I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some model paste and a palet knife to add some texture.
I dried this with the heat tool.
Next I painted a layer of gesso over it.
I then coloured the tag with Distress Inks and a blending tool.
Love these colours together... Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin.
Looked good when it dried. Then I thought I'd better fixate this some how... So I used a spray fixative... first mistake....
It came out all mottled, which I kind of liked. So I decided to continue...
I then thought the colours needed a bit more oomph so I added some Distress Crayon.... I think I really do not like them... This is the third time I've used them and I have a hard time with them..
Anyway.... I then found out that the Distress Ink I used for the first layer was still coming off when I rubbed it so I decided to use Tim's new Distress Collage Medium, crackle of over the top. Of course I knew it was going to smear but I thought that would be OK... This was how it looked and not a crackle in sight.. It might be because I didn't put it on thick enough or because I dried it with the heat tool.. Anyway, everything seemed fixed now.
Next, the stamping, the fun part ! There is a full list of all the stamps I have used at the bottom of this post.
Work in progress...
I then used a white pen and doodled around the stamps.
I wanted to use this gorgeous new star stamp and when I saw this lady in my stamps I thought of putting her in it and that is what I did.
The star with the lady was then adhered onto the one on the tag with dimensional tape.
The last thing I did was stamp the sentiment, cut it apart and adhered it to the tag. I doodled around the words and added a ribbon.
And here is the finished tag again. I hope you liked my tutorial.... and have learned from my mistakes!
I have used the following stamps :
Thank you so much for stopping by today !