Tuesday 1 March 2016

Unleash yourself

Hello everyone,

For today's DT post for Roc I have made a tag. I hope you like it, I had a lot of fun making it. Here's a picture.



I cut the base out of white card stock. I also made the little reinforcement ring for the top from the same card stock by punching the small hole first and then using a circle punch, positioning the little hole exactly in the middle and cutting out the circle. 
I painted the tag turquoise and when it had dried I scraped some crackle paint (DecoArt Media Line) over it, using an old creditcard. I let this dry naturally. It is fascinating to see the crackles appearing. 
Next I used an antiquing cream (DecoArt Media Line) in the colour turquoise. You rub this over the areas where you want it, let it dry and then rub it again with a slightly damp rag to remove the excess. 
I also used the black antiquing cream (DecoArt Media Line) around the edges. 
Next, I thought it was a little boring so I punched some circles from Pattern Paper by 7 Dots Studio and adhered them to the tag. I splattered some white ink over it and also used a paint pen to add the dots around the circles. Next I stamped the heart vine and painted the hearts pink with acrylic paint. The stems were lightly coloured with a pencil. 
I then stamped the dog and the sentiment and coloured both with Copic Markers, cut them out and adhered them to the tag. Lastly I put a ribbon through the hole. 

I used the following stamps:


You can buy these lovely stamps at : www.Stampotique.com

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, Corrie! I love the crackle effect on the base of the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fantastic! I love the crackled background, the addition of the circle patterned papers, and the wonderful doggie!

    ReplyDelete