Tuesday 29 March 2016

Life is for living !

Hello everyone,

I am on the Visible Image blog today with this Monolith! I love these monoliths and I love bright colours but for this one I went vintage ! Hope you like it !!!



This is the front of the finished monolith... 



This is the back of the monolith....




A close up of the back...





And a close up of the front and all the yummy crackles... 



And a closer look at the bow... 


This Monolith was started with Gesso; two layers of it. I then put some crackle paint (by Deco Art Media) on the front and the base. When this had dried I used a harlequin stencil and some more of the crackle paint to add some more interest. When all this had dried I used the Deco Art Antiquing creme to add some interest, I used brown and turquoise. This gave me a nice worn look. 
I then used the INKognito flower stamp on the back with VersaMark ink and some Lindy's Stamp gang light turquoise embossing powder. I really love the blue and turquoise combination... 
That was the back finished. For the front I wanted a nice saying, so I settled for this bold 'Life is for living" stamp. I used Archival ink to stamp it. I used a Faber Castell Big Brush Marker to shade the letters some what. I also stamped some dots randomly, using blue and brown inks.
I used some twine, wrapping it around the bottom of the standing part of the monolith. I made a bow, using the same twine, by winding it around my hand and securing the loops in the middle. I used hot glue to add it to the monolith. 
I love all the texture the crackle paint has made! 

I used the following stamps: 


You'll find the wonderful Monoliths HERE.


Social Media, Blog and monthly Challenge details :

Show & Tell Monthly Challenge details: http://visibleimage.co.uk/challenge 


Thank you so much for stopping by today !  

7 comments:

  1. Love, love the vintage appeal of your monolith Corrie and the double layer of crackle. Superb piece.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the close up pics, Corrie, the detail on your monolith is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These monoliths are brilliant, and of course I LOVE the vintage colours you have used. Wonderful crackle and composition, very different for you but totally stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful muted tones, fab make.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mooi in die frisse tinten en weer heel anders gebruikt als dat ik bij anderen heb gezien...! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. You continue to work "outside the box," my friend, and I am loving what you're creating! Amazing art here!

    ReplyDelete