Friday 25 September 2015

When we believe in ourselves..

Hello everyone,

I had a play with my art journal today. I used one of my new Dina Wakley stamps and some old favourites..


The background was started with white gesso. I then painted it with 2 colours of Silks Acrylic paints. They have a lovely shimmer, it almost looks metallic. Next I stamped the background randomly; I used Prima stamps designed by Finnabair and a green, a grey and a blue Archival ink. 
I also added some model paste through a stencil to add more interest. It took on some of the colour of the background which I like. I also rubbed my black Archival Inkpad along the edges of the pages. Unfortunately most of this got cropped off the photo as my book is so wonky that I can't take a decent photo anymore... 
Next I stamped the lady (by Dina Wakley) with black Archival Ink. I found the two hearts lying on my desk. They too are by Dina Wakley and I stamped them on vellum and heat embossed them with black embossing powder. I decided to use them on this page. I added some washi tape, some white spatters and finally the sentiment which is from Stampingback. This was stamped on white card stock, cut apart,  glued on the page and doodled around.


Here are some detailed photos.



Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 



2 comments:

  1. Ziet er weer uit of je lekker aan de slag bent geweest! Mooie indeling! Fijn weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blue greens - and the silhouette woman is wonderful. Funnily enough, I recently got that set too, and that same woman is sitting on a part finished journal page of blues and greens! But it's been a bit stuck... Love your words and the fabulous scribbly hearts. Hope I'll be inspired to finish mine off now too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete