Thursday 11 June 2015

Different...

Hello everyone,

For my DT post for Katzelkraft today I made another Art Journal. I love art journaling; I discovered it after I was finished making birthday cards for the year 2012 and was looking for other ways to use my supplies ! The rest is history as they say...



I started with Mixed Media paper on which I put some model paste through a stencil. I then brushed the page with clear gesso. Next I used Lindys Stampgang sprays. I sprayed the page with 'Pop Rock Purple' and then dripped some of the same over the top as well as a white spray called ' Frozen Jack Frost'. The grey at the top and the bottom was done with 'Magicals', also from Lindys; these are basically Mica Powders. I use a wet brush to pick them up from the pot and brush it onto the edge of the paper and then spray it with water so it runs down. The shimmer is awesome ! 
Next I stamped the background with a script stamp from the set with the rabbit and then stamped the rabbit, coloured him with watercolour pencils and a water brush and cut him out with an oval die. I also cut some pattern paper with a bigger die to layer under the rabbit. I adhered both the ovals to the page and then lastly doodled around the page and stamped the sentiment. 

I used the following stamp sets:







Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 



9 comments:

  1. WOW beautiful designed. I love how you combined all details and techniques.
    Groetjes Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page Corrie and I love those stamps too
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een leuke stempels zijn dit toch Corrie!!! Je hebt er een prachtige pagina omheen gemaakt!
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant, Corrie - love those stamps! Thanks, too, for sharing how you created the background, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mooi hoe de textuur over lijkt te lopen en leuk dat contrast in lieve kleuren en de stempel! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of art going on here on your journal page, Corrie. Love the strong Pop Rock Purple for your background, perfectly coordinated with your water color pencil for the rabbit! Great use of the modeling paste we all have! Another great page in your journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm....not sure about that image, not my cup of tea, nevertheless, another fab background and great textures in the corners xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to have not left you a comment yet Corrie on your blog too for this particular make using Katzelkraft stamps.. I absolutely LOVE this project, great colouring and stenciling on this AJ page wow!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete