Sunday 1 March 2015

Unleash yourself

Hello fellow Crafters,

I am posting my DT piece for Roc Nicholas today so that means it must be the 1st of March. Doesn't time fly ? For this month I decided to do an art journal and here it is:



I started with gesso on the pages and then closed the book while it was still wet. This creates a lovely texture in the gesso. Unfortunately you can't really see it in the picture. 
Next I sprayed Lindys Stamp Gang sprays on it, green and blue, dried it with my heat tool and repeated this until I was happy. I also dripped some more of the same ink on the pages. Next I used a Prima Stencil and blue Archival ink to create a little interest. You have to really look as it is very subtle. 
I then stamped the Chandelier and coloured the hearts and candles with a white paint pen, so I could put some colour over the top of that. When it dried I used Big Brush markers to colour the hearts pink and the flames yellow. The beads hanging on the chandelier were made with Liquid Pearls. The sentiment was stamped directly on the page and coloured with Big Brush Markers in the same (ish) shades as the background. 
Next I used the Unleash Yourself stamp with blue and black ink and used part of it as a background stamp. Bird Princess was stamped on white card stock and coloured with Copics for the skin and Big Brush Markers and pencils for the rest. She was cut out and adhered to the page. I then coloured some   book text with the same colours Big Brush Markers and stamped the flower from Daisy Head on it several times. They were cut out, shaded with pencils and more Liquid Pearls added in the hearts. 
These were then glued to the page and that finished it off. 

These great stamps are available from www.Stampotique.com 

Thank you for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it...

9 comments:

  1. Love your journal page Corrie, great background making that stamped image really pop! Happy March and have a creative month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful piece of art corrie! i always love the colors you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous journal pages, Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous new page, love the colours!!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely art journal page , ,, Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mooi die achtergrond...en de stempels hebben zulke prachtig heldere kleuren Corrie!
    Fijne dag verder, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers look wonderful against the background you created and I so love the expression on her face.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous new journal spread, Corrie! The chandelier and flowers are the perfect accompaniment for your queen. The quote, "Unleash Yourself," coming from the queen made me smile. Time for the queen to get a bit undignified! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Een beetje lief en zo fris-voorjaarsachtig met dat vers uitziende groen en kleine bloemetjes; mooi en ik krijg heel veel zin in de lente zo! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete