Tuesday 3 March 2015

Something fishy going on !

Hello fellow Crafters,

This is my first post of today and it is a card. I love playing in challenges when I have the time. Today I had time so I made a card for the 'Silhouette' challenge over at the Stempelwinkel:
I don't have many stamps from the Stempelwinkel and I might buy some more as they have a lovely collection. For this card I had to improvise :


I started with model paste through a stencil and when that had dried I coloured my cardpanel with Distress Inks and then dripped some water over the top. I then used the bubble stamp in the same Distress Ink colours to make the background more interesting. I also rubbed a black ink pad around the edges. Next I stamped the fish and I must say I thought it was a real shame to have to colour them black to turn them into silhouettes but that was the challenge.... The sentiment was typed on my old fashioned typewriter. I doodled a bit and used a white pencil to highlight the bubbles here and there. I then matted the panel on black card stock and then on a white card. 

That was it ! 

Thank you so much for stopping by ! 


7 comments:

  1. A lovely card, by turning the fish into silhouettes you have created a kind of depth in your card.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at De Stempelwinkel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prachtig Corrie ! Heel leuk dat die bubbels zo overlopen in een andere kleur !
    Knap gedaan !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi mooi Corrie....kleuren en zwart gecombineerd...altijd indrukwekkend, zeker als de achtergrond zo leuk is!
    Groetjes, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knap uitgewerkt, Corrie!
    Mooi die bubbels op de achtergrond,
    Mooi ingekleurd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you joined in our challenge at De-stempelwinkel.... you have created a wonderful scene... thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vivid background against the silhouettes, beatiful card. Thanls so much for taking part in our challenge, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete