Saturday 20 December 2014

Time flies..

Hello fellow Crafters,

I have been playing with my journal again !! Here's the result :



This page was started with acrylic paint in two shades of pink and some gesso. I just kept putting paint on until I liked the result. The flowers were made with a stencil, I smushed my Versamark pad on it to get the ink on the pages and then sprinkled pink embossing powder over the top and heated it to melt. 
Next some background stamping. I used all VivaLasVegaStamps! for these pages by the way. I will list them under this post. The ladies were stamped inside a polaroid photo frame. I used a stamp positioned to get them just in the right spot. They were coloured with Copic Markers and I used clear embossing powder over the top (two layers) to get the shiny effect of a real photo. I adhered it to the page using glue. The washitape is just for show.. I was looking for a sentiment and couldn't really find one so I made one using bits of different sentiment stamps. I didn't have the word 'when' anywhere so I used stickers for that. 

I used the following stamps:
Grungy 5 - 19456
Grungy 3 - 19454
Grungy 8 - 19459
Ladies drinking tea/coffee - 18282
Polaroid print - 17543
Waybill/Invoice background - 19416
Time flies - 19008
Feed your soul - 18926
Are we having fun yet? - 10905

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it...

7 comments:

  1. Love your pages Corrie, great stamp!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooie pagina´s Corrie, prachtige achtergrond en wat een leuk lettertype heb je gebruikt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful page Corrie, love everything on this one!!! Hugs, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ready a book about best friends, so this is very appealing to me, Corrie! I love how you use pink! I still have difficulty working with it, but it is growing on me! That stamp is absolutely wonderful. It almost seems to me like a color photograph--but, just perhaps, it is your coloring skills that have brought these two friends to life! Thanks for sharing, as always! Mwah! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really caught my eye! Just had to stare at it for the longest time drinking in the colors and design with my eyes. Thanks for sharing your supply list and the techniques you've used. I've never heard of adding clear embossing powder over a stamped image colors with copics before. Did you use a Stamp a ma jig to re-stamp the image of the two ladies with versamark after you colored it to add the layer of clear embossing powder? Loved the two pink colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy, no, I just smush the Versamark inkpad over the whole image an then emboss it. I did that twice to get a nice smooth finish; like a photograph.

      Delete
  6. Wat een leuke stempel! Mooi geworden en zo waar die tekst! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete