Sunday 11 May 2014

Thank you card...

Hello fellow Crafters,

My mother did something really nice for me and my husband and I wanted to say thank you,  so I made her this thank you card. I chose this bird because at the moment my mum is watching a pair of Blue tits feeding their young in a nesting box she has hanging on the wall of her balcony and she is really enjoying that.


I took a white card blank and stencilled the pattern on it with 'Faded Jeans' Distress Ink. I then doodled around the edge. I love this type of border and seem to be a bit addicted to them at the moment. I then cut another piece of paper and stamped the bird on it together with the sentiment. I then stamped the bird in another piece of card stock and coloured it with Copics, clear embossed it and cut it out. Next I adhered the bird onto the stamped image on the paper. I also wrapped some black and white bakers twine around and tied it in a bow. I adhered this little panel to the card with dimensional adhesive. That was it ! 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it.... (and hope my mum likes it too !)

8 comments:

  1. prachtig kaartje, daar zal ze wel blij me zijn geweest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een mooie persoonlijke kaart! Die vogel is mooi, en ik hou veel van blauwe achtergronden... Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweet - what a lovely way to say thank you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh great card, I just ordered that stencil too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card Corrie, with that lovely stencilled background and that sweet bird.
    This card is all the more beautiful because you shared with us that you made it to give to your Mother, what a special Thank You this is.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh it's really adorable, and I think I recognize the sweet bird designed by CI as a freebie offered by Craft Stamper, isn't it? Love it, and gorgeous card for your mum! Hugs Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tweet card, Corrie! I know your mother will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful, love the bird, background and framing.........sweet!

    ReplyDelete